Unconscious (or perhaps more accurately, subconscious) Bias is a familiar yet widely misunderstood phenomena. In recruitment, it's critical we improve our understanding if we are to mitigate against the worst affects often inadvertent bias.
- what is unconscious bias?
- how do we acquire bias?
- how do our bias's change?
- where does is it occur the recruiting process?
- how can we mitigate against the worst effects of UB?
- what is the value of training?
- can we do more on process design?
- can tooling support us?
This is the focus of this week's Brainfood Live On Air
We're with an awesome selection of guests and panelists for this show - with Charlotte Mutsaerts, Head of Talent (Lendable), Dr Stephen Smith, Chief Neuroscientist (Sports Psychology), & Evi Antoniou, I/O Psychologist (Bryq)
Ep 128 is sponsored by our buddies Bryq
Bryq blindly screens your candidates, resulting in more diverse and equitable hires – and less hiring mistakes. DE&I is crucial to a productive and profitable workplace.