August 16, 2019
Are you running a recruiting podcast?
If you're not, you're probably thinking about doing so.
In the era of multi-screen, endless notifications and permanent distraction, audio only is turning out to be an exceptional way to connect with your audience
We are doing a special Brainfood Live On this Friday with the stars of the recruiting podcast firmanent
Adam is away (thank goodness), so I will be joined by folks who will need no introduction:
- Matt Alder of the Recruiting Future Podcast
- Lars Schmidt of 21st Century HR
- Laurie Ruettimann of Let's Fix Work
- Chad Sowash & Joel Cheesman of The Chad n Cheese Show.
There's never been a better line up of recruiting podcast masters.
Don't miss this - follow the channel here (recommended) and register for the show here
August 9, 2019
How do you use video in recruiting?
As an industry culture first dominated by phone and then email, we recruiters can be awfully slow in adopting new ways to interact with candidates and clients.
Here's some usse Cases of Video Tech
- Enriched job descriptions
- Enhanced outreach messaging
- Authentic employer branding
- Video messages rather than Audio only voicemail
- Asynch video interview
- And more
Adam and I will be examining Video in Tech this week, along with reviewing last week's brainfood and the chat in the fb group. We'll be joined by experts in video Maury Hanigan, Nicolas Mirail and Mark Lundgren.
Follow the channel here (recommended)
August 2, 2019
In honour of this amazing post by Robin Schooling, we are running a special debate show on Brainfood Live this Friday 2nd August.
I'm embedded in the HR conference scene and generally am massive supporter of the idea of in-person industry events. But is there a gap between the rhetoric and reality when it comes to the ideas presented on stage at conferences?
Questions we are going to explore:
- What explains the gap between saying vs doing?
- How much is true vs how much is exaggerated?
- What stops delegates from applying their learning?
- Is survivor bias a problem in HR talks?
- Biggest mistakes, lets confess
Adam and I will be tackling these issues, along with reviewing last week's brainfood and the chat in the fb group.
July 26, 2019
What is programmatic advertising?
When do you need to use it?
HOW do you use it?
and Why should you use it?
It's the recruitment technology that has been so hot in this last few weeks, as leading players Appcast, Perengo and ClickIQ get acquired by recruitment giants Stepstone, TMP Worldwide and Indeed respectively.
And yet we in TA know far too little nothing about it, so this week's show will be all about Programmatic Job advertising, in particular how to use it. Adam Gordon and I are joined by Rene Bolier, CEO of OnRecruit, Steven Rothberg, Founder at CollegeRecruiter and Leah Daniels, GM at Appcast
If you like the show, please give us a positive rating and remember to subscribe!
July 19, 2019
Do you know what the 'Employee Infinity Loop' is?
Forget about 'candidate experience' or even 'employee experience'
How about the lifetime nurturing of relationships with people who will work with, now and in future. Think Alumni / Boomerang hiring on steroids.
This is the topic of today's Brainfood Live On Air - how to nurture and retain the relationships with people who might and have worked with your business.
Coby Schneider from Intel Corp joins us to share knowledge on they do the 'Employee Infinity Loop'
We're live at 4pm BST
Follow the channel here (recommended)
And register for the show here
July 5, 2019
How to become the employer of choice for early career talent?
- How to make your employer attractive to early stage talent
- What do young people want?
- Generational stereotypes - yes or no?
- Common mistakes employers make when hiring for early stage
- Assessment of potential vs experience
- Euan Blair & Sophie Adelman, Co-founders of WhiteHat
- Chris Garinger, Snr University Recruiter for Internship Authority
- Steven Rothberg, Founder at College Recruiter
- Rowena Bach, Early Careers Strategy Director at TMP Worldwide
July 1, 2019
Special podcast from Lisbon, live at Landing Fest with Pedro Oliveira (Landing Jobs), Ana Gaspar (Volkswagen), Ana Tavares (Pipedrive) and Alvaro Rojas (IronHack).
- Future of online tech marketplaces
- Inbound vs Outbound comms
- Anti-recruiter countermeasures by Developers - how devs are responding to Recruiter spam
- Importance of community & eco-system in hiring devs
- Waterfall vs Agile in recruiting mindset
- Culture in a blended team
- Future of Lisbon as a tech hub
- Bullfighting and best bars in Portugal
Audio track taken from Crowdcast Livestream: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/brainfood-live-on-air-ep20
June 21, 2019
Brainfood Live On Air - Ep19, Mary Meekers Internet Trends Report 2019 in Review.
Adam Gordon and I go through Meeker's 333 page monster slide deck on Internet trends.
- Online advertising
- Privacy & Adtech
- Image vs text communications
- and much more.
60 mins of fizzy chat on a topic which matters to us all. Give it a blast folks, I run out of steam at the end, so will do Pt2 on this at a later stage!
May 31, 2019
AI in Recruiting, Pt 2
Where is AI going to have the most impact in the work recruiters do? How do we define the learning models? How does it all apply to hiring and ......how do we get ahead of the inevitable change?
Adam Gordon and I are joined by:
Megan Butler, Research Analyst at CogX
John Sumser, Research Analyst at HRExaminer
Vineet Vashishta, Data Scientist at PocketRecruiter
Dr Nathan Mondragon, Chief Industrial Psychologist at HireVue
To discuss all this and more. Chaotic 1 hour chat ensues - enjoy!
May 10, 2019
Reddit is the 8th most visited website on the planet, with over 300 million MAU's.
Here Erin Mathew, Wim Dammans, Jiri Herodek and Stan Wasowicz discuss
1. How to ID candidates
2. How to engage / message
3. How to build authentic credibility
4. How to bring inbound notice to your hiring efforts.
5. How to learn the ‘rules of the road’
6. How to be a productive and valued member of the community
It's a great conversation with smart folks in the recruiting business